Coach Code of Conduct
Coaches code of conduct
It is the intention of this code of conduct to promote proper behavior and respect for all participants within the Association. All coaches must agree to this code of conduct before being allowed to participate in baseball/softball and must continue to observe the principles of Fair Play.
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices remembering that young athletes have other interests and obligations.
- I will work in cooperation with officials for the benefit of the game.
- I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials, opponents and teammates.
- I will ensure ALL athletes receive equal instruction, discipline, support and appropriate fair playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will speak respectfully to the athletes and not use any profanity.
- I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the athlete's ages and ability.
- I will remember that children need a coach they can respect.
- I will be generous with praise and set a good example. I will not smoke, drink or use drugs in the presence of my athletes.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
I agree to abide by the principles of this CODE as set by the Plamondon Minor Ball Association. I also agree to abide by the rules, regulations and decisions as set for this Association.